DIY Mini Cotton Wreath
I love preparing my home for fall. One of my favorite things to do is a fall craft to enhance the fall decor for the season. This year, I created this mini cotton wreath. I wanted something to add a taste of fall as we enjoy our comfort food around the dinner table. This cotton wreath is simple, affordable, and can be done as a fun afternoon project. In this post, I will show you how to create your own mini cotton wreath that you can use to decorate your home.
How to Create a Cotton Wreath
Time: 30-60 minutes
- 8″ Wreath Frame
- Brown 1.5″ Satin Ribbon
- 2 1/2″ Burlap Ribbon
- 2 Cotton Stems
- Glue Gun
- Scissors (These are my FAVORITE!)
- Prepare the Cotton Stems. Take apart the Cotton Stems so that all you have is the little cotton blooms and the 1″ or so of wire attached to each bloom. They usually pull off the stem easily. For the more difficult pieces, use your scissors. Just make sure you have some wire attached to each bloom.
- Adhere the Cotton Blooms to the Wreath Frame. Using the Wreath Frame, take one Cotton Bloom and wrap the wire around the center wire of the frame and the inside part of the frame. (See picture below.) This will secure the blooms onto the frame. If you need to use hot glue for extra reinforcement, that is fine, too! Continue placing blooms all the way around the Wreath Frame. For mine, I only added cotton to the center part of the frame. If you would like it to be more full, add cotton on the inner and/or outer edges of the frame as well.
- Wrap the Wreath with Brown Satin Ribbon. Turn the wreath over so the cotton is face-down and you see the back of the wreath. Attach one end of the Brown Satin Ribbon to the back of the wreath. You may want to use hot glue to hold it in place. Next, pull the ribbon around to the front of the wreath. Wrap the ribbon around the wreath to fill in the gaps between the cotton. You will need to go in between each cotton piece and through the center of the wreath frame. Come around the bottom again and repeat this process until the entire wreath is wrapped in brown satin ribbon. When finished wrapping the Wreath Frame, cut the end of the ribbon. Secure the Brown Satin Ribbon to the back of the wreath using hot glue.
- Place the Burlap Ribbon on the Wreath. Depending on where you want to hang your wreath, the amount of burlap ribbon will vary. Cut the amount of burlap ribbon you need. If you want to tie the wreath to a chair, then make sure you add a little extra ribbon to compensate for the tie. Place one end of the burlap ribbon through the center of the wreath. If you are wanting to hang the wreath on a wall or door, then place a bead of hot glue across the end of the ribbon and adhere it to the other end. If you are wanting to tie onto a chair, then you don’t need to glue the ends.
- Glue a Brown Satin Bow to the Burlap. Tie a bow with long tails using the brown satin ribbon. Using a dot of hot glue, adhere the bow to the burlap. Cut the ends of the ribbon so they are even. Go enjoy your beautifully-made wreath!
How to Display Your Wreath
Questions for You
I want to hear from you! Answer the following questions in the Comments section down below.
- Do you like to make a craft during the fall? Share some of your favorite fall crafts!
- How do you decorate your home for fall?
Share on Pinterest